Friday, January 17, 2014

Loss Continued

In the theme of "loss," I have another poem to contribute.  My brother's cherished pet, a bunny, had passed away tonight.  I wrote him this short poem.  Probably not going to help a grown man get over his loss, but one could only hope.

Hop with me to bunny field,
Where all my ailments will be healed.
With fields of green and clover sweet,
I’ll always have enough to eat.
I’ll play all day in bright sunlight,
In nested warmth I’ll sleep all night.
And though I’ll miss our times of fun,
My eternal bliss has just begun.
I thank you for your love and play,
I cherished each and every day.
Just remember our fondest times,
Though you’re in pain, I’ll be just fine.
I’ll hop along through rolling hills,
Where meadows of hope await me still.
Through deepest loss your strength’s revealed,
Remember, I love you now and always will.

-Christy M.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like so many sad things have happened lately. The poem is beautiful and very evocative. Though the tone is peaceful, I still feel like welling up.

    ReplyDelete